Terms and Conditions of ManitobaPHA.ca
The following Terms and Conditions govern and apply to your use of this website (the “Website”) maintained by Manitoba Public Health Association (the “MPHA”).
Your access or use of the Website indicates that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice, effective upon its posting to the Website. Your continued use of the Website will be considered your acceptance to the revised Terms and Conditions.
Unless otherwise indicated, all information contained on the Website, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, images, audio and video clips, is copyrighted by and proprietary to the MPHA. A notable exception is the use of any licensed stock imagery, the copyright for which remains with the originating licensor; said images are for illustrative purposes only and any persons depicted are models. While the MPHA strives to provide current, evidence-based public health information, we make no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of any information on the Website.
ACCOUNT AND ACCOUNT USE
If your use of the Website requires an account identifying you as a user of the Website (an “Account”):
- You are solely responsible for your Account and the maintenance, confidentiality and security of your Account and all passwords related to your Account, and any and all activities that occur under your Account, including all activities of any persons who gain access to your Account with or without your permission;
- You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Account, or any password related to your Account, or any other breach of security with respect to your Account, and you agree to provide assistance to us as requested, to stop or remedy any breach of security related to your account, and
- You agree and represent that all account information provided by you is accurate and up-to-date.
We are not responsible for the security of your Account. Your use of the Website is at your own risk.
PURCHASE OF MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
We undertake to be as accurate as possible with all information pertaining to memberships or any other product or service sold on the Website. However, we do not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of sales information. Errors and/or inaccuracies may occur. We may correct errors or inaccuracies and change or update information on the Website at any time without notice, including in respect of prices and availability of products, services or memberships. All prices listed on this Website are in Canadian dollars and all charges will be processed in Canadian dollars, unless otherwise stated.
Membership payment is billed automatically until notification that you would like to manually renew or terminate your membership. Membership payment details may be changed by you at any time within your account settings.
If you are unhappy with a service being sold on our website, you may request a refund. To request a refund, please contact email@example.com
When you purchase a membership or other service on the Website, you agree to provide a valid means of payment.
When you provide credit card information for payment, you confirm that you are permitted to use that payment card. When you make a payment, you authorize us (and our designated payment processor, Stripe) to charge the full amount to the card you designate for the transaction. You also authorize us to collect related transaction information and you authorize our payment processor to collect and store your card information.
You agree not to use the Website for any unlawful purpose or any purpose prohibited under this clause. You agree not to use the Website in any way that could damage the Website, the services or the general business of the Manitoba Public Health Association.
You further agree not to use and/or access the Website:
- To harass, abuse, or threaten others or otherwise violate any person’s legal rights;
- To violate any intellectual property rights of us or any third party;
- To upload or otherwise disseminate any computer viruses or other software that may damage the property of another;
- To perpetuate any fraud;
- To publish or distribute any obscene or defamatory material;
- To publish or distribute any material that incites violence, hate or discrimination towards any group;
- To unlawfully gather information about others.
REVERSE ENGINEERING & SECURITY
You may not undertake any of the following actions:
- Reverse engineer, or attempt to reverse engineer or disassemble any code or software from or on the Website;
- Violate the security of the Website through any unauthorized access, circumvention of encryption or other security tools, data mining or interference to any host, user or network.
We may need to interrupt your access to the Website to perform maintenance or emergency services on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. You agree that your access to the Website may be affected by unanticipated or unscheduled downtime, but that we will have no liability for any damage or loss caused as a result of such downtime.
TERMINATION OF ACCOUNT
We may, in our sole discretion, suspend, restrict or terminate your Account and your use of the Website, effective at any time, without notice to you, for any reason, including because any amount is past due from you to us, we have received a third party complaint which relates to your use or misuse of the Website, or you have been or are in breach of any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions.
You defend and indemnify Manitoba Public Health Association and any of its affiliates and hold us harmless against any and all legal claims and demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, which may arise from or relate to your use of misuse of the Website, your breach of these Terms and Conditions, or your conduct or actions.
Internet communications are subject to interception, loss or alteration and, as a consequence, you acknowledge that information or data you provide by electronic means by accessing or using this Website are not confidential or exclusive, except to the extent required by applicable laws, and that communications by email may be intercepted, altered or lost.